IF I CHANGE THE WAY I THROW MY GARBAGE – WOULD IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE ??
The waste you discard may not be of importance to you, but when it comes to the environment and recycling, the type of waste and how it is treated can make a world of difference. Up to 60% of the rubbish that you put out can be recycled into new materials, and separating your trash makes it a lot easier for waste to be managed properly.
- An Average person produces 4 pounds of trash everyday.
- Recycling one aluminum can run 100 watt bulb for an entire day.
- Pakistan spread 5.7 billion on Solid Waste Management each year.
WHERE DOES THE TRASH GO WHEN IT LEAVE MY HOME??
If your garbage bag makes it to the community.
- Homeless dig out the eatables and have a meal.
- Scavengers dig out what they can see and maybe has the rest to find metals they could find.
- Work collecting campaign collect & through at the dumping site to rot.
We can segregate our garbage by separating the dry and wet trash differently.
WHAT’S THE ARGUMENT ABOUT?
No one likes looking at waste piles, but they don’t just go away by themselves. We need proper management. By sorting our waste and bagging it properly, we can make it easier to manage waste piles and keep our environment looking clean.
IT’S TIME TO CHANGE HOW WE THINK ABOUT OUR TRASH !